Sunday, November 18, 2012

Picture Books that Tell of Adoption



Book Description

November 19, 1992 4 and upP and upReading Rainbow Books
A little boy living in a distant country is lonely. He needs a bed of his own, a room of his own, a house of his own -- and most of all, a momma and poppa of his own. But he must travel far to get them. He must fly for a day and a night through blue skies and clouds and stars before he comes to a place he can call home... with his loving new adopted family.







Tell me again about the night I was born. Tell me again how you would adopt me and be my parents. Tell me again about the first time you held me in your arms.


Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell, author and illustrator of the best-selling When I Was Little: A Four Year Old's Memoir of Her Youth, have joined together again to create a fresh new picture book for every parent and every child. In asking her parents to tell her again about the night of her birth, a young girl shows that it is a cherished tale she knows by heart. Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born is a unique, exuberant story about adoption and about the importance of a loving family.
 

PS:  As many of you know, our family adopted a beautiful little 2 year old boy over 11 years ago.  He has been such a blessing to our family, as we have learned to parent a child with learning disabilities and other challenges I never expected to face as a parent.  He has made us better parents and our other 6 children adore him, probably more than their other siblings sometimes. 
     I know of a loving family who is looking to adopt right now.  They are absolutely incredible, so if anyone who is reading this blog right now knows of a birth mother who is looking to place her baby with a loving family, please comment and let me know.  I will put you in touch with this family!!!  http://sunshinepromises.blogspot.com/

Suggested Books

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...