Tuesday, June 26, 2012

BONUS: "Literacy in the Early Years" a Grad Course by Ray Reutzel & Discovering Draper City Library

I'm in Draper all week taking a class from an amazing professor, Ray Ruetzel, called Literacy in the Early Years.  It's one of the classes I'm taking to get my Reading Endorsement License for the state of Utah.  I'll be done in May of next year and have 3 more classes.  This particular class has been sooooo informative.  Dr. Ruetzel is engaging and is virtually a walking library of research and statistic on reading.

Talking about libraries, while in Draper, I had 45 minutes for lunch and so I searched out the local library. WOW!  I wish this one was in my town!  Take a look at the Draper, Utah Public Library!  The children's area is FABULOUS!!!



Draper Library, located at 1136 Pioneer Road  Draper, UT 84020 (801) 943-4636


Child-sized doors, holes and pathways.


Great Displays


Kid's magazines!


Lyle the Crocodile!


I like this idea!  "Author of the Day" display.



Dream Big, Read!


These holes are for sitting in to read!


Curious George rules!


Our friend Arthur!


"Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak



Books on trains!!!


Beehive Book Winners in Utah!


Just for Teens!

Comfy cushions!


AT THE RETURNS AREA IS SAYS:  "FEED THE DRAGON, ONE BOOK AT A TIME!"
Now you can watch the book sorting machine... 
the books are sorted to go to the correct library branch.  I have now seen these sorting machines in 3 libraries.  They are becoming quite popular!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your comment. I've saved it in my bookmarks to check out later.
Feel free to visit my webpage :: Huntington Beach Word Press Training

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Love, love, love this post. Cool library!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...